I have been working on my Feathers blocks. Here is a flock of my birds on the design wall.
I have been using a few new techniques.
First I have been using glue in the seams to hold the pieces together instead of pins. One the pieces are sewn together, I do a double press, once to press the seam to the side, then I use a paint brush to brush Best Press directly on the seam and press again. It leave a very, very flat seam. I saw this on The Quilt Show.
I also made a cute little curtain for the smaller bedroom.
I have also been doing a little knitting. I finished these socks. They look weird but fit.
The last bit of news I have is that the contractor came out today. It looks like my studio is a go. I’m waiting to hear back on the estimate but I think we will be breaking ground soon. I’m so excited.
Hope everyone gets in some quilting this weekend.
Happy Quilting from U.P. Haven